Creating great mockups to display your designs can be challenging, especially with so many mockup tools out in the marketplace. The quality of online mockup generators is improving, and creating stellar mockups has become much more manageable.
This article will cover some of our top third-party mockup tools to help inspire you to create the best-looking products that your customers want to see.
- Smart Mockups
- Mockup Mark
Placeit is an online design tool with 38,000+ mockup templates that lets you create unique and stunning mockups with your designs across multiple products. Their mockup templates include t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, wall art, phone cases, etc.
With Placeit’s mockup generator, you can easily customize and build your mockups by simply uploading your design, adjusting the size, color, and position, and then downloading your mockup. Overall, we recommend Placeit as the best mockup generator as they offer incredible value with their extensive library of templates and ease of use.
- This tier of Placeit allows you to try out your designs on all of their mockups but to download the mockup, you have to purchase the single mockup or subscribe to their plan.
- You can pay $14.95 per month or $89.69 per year for their subscription plan, which provides you access to all of Placeit’s mockups, design templates, videos, and logos.
Smart Mockups work similarly to Placeit, offering a good range of high-quality mockups across various product categories. They offer their premium users the ability to create custom mockups that allow them to upload their images and turn them into mockups using creation tools such as resizing, erasing, and masking.
Also, if your business is creating your designs in Canva, Smart Mockups has an integration that allows you to upload your designs straight from Canva, saving you a tremendous amount of time.
- Smart Mockups provide free mockups that you can use and download, but you can only access the basic features. You’re still able to have live previews for your mockups, but with the free tier, you can only download your mockups at medium quality.
- You can pay $14 per month or $108 per year for their subscription plan, which provides unlimited access to all their mockups, advanced features to customize mockups, and high-quality downloads.
Renderforest is another online design tool that provides various design options for logos, videos, mockups, and websites. Renderforest is slightly more limited in mockup templates as their library isn’t as extensive as Placeit or Smart Mockups. Even with a more limited selection of mockups, their mockup generator is straightforward. They also group their mockups into packs, making it seamless to test your designs on different mockups quickly and easily.
- Renderforest’s free tier doesn’t allow you to use their premium mockups; you can only use their free templates. When downloading free mockups, you’ll be downloading them at a lower quality, and your mockups will also include the Renderforest watermark. Their free version isn’t ideal when creating mockups for your products, but it gives you an idea of how they would look.
- (Lite/Pro/Business) Their subscription plan provides unlimited access to their premium mockups, and you can download high-quality images for your mockups without any watermarks. The price ranges from $13.99 to $29.99 per month, depending on the tier. For mockups, we suggest you purchase the Lite tier, which provides you access to everything in the Pro and Business tier. If you want access to their other features outside mockups, then it’s worth looking at their other tiers.
Vexels has a very intuitive interface, and their mockup generator is slick. It’s easy to use and provides unique options to customize your design on the mockup, such as rotating and applying filters.
A great feature is that their mockup generator shows how your design looks on similar mockups on the side when you are customizing your mockup. So, if you like how your design looks on another mockup, you can easily select that one instead. This super neat feature lets you get inspiration when creating your product mockups.
- Like Renderforest, Vexels free tier allows you to visualize your designs on their mockups, but when you download them, they will include the Vexels watermark. They won’t be usable for your business unless you have a subscription.
- Their subscription plans range from $29 to $99 per month to access their entire library of mockups, their t-shirt maker, mockup generator, and logo maker. With their subscription, you can also make a certain amount of design requests depending on your subscription. These design requests enable you to make a design request for an original idea or design that isn’t currently in the library as long as it fits within their creative criteria.
Mockup Marks seem new to the mockup generation tools as they only offer apparel mockups. This includes t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, and some other options.
The one nice thing is that their website allows you to sort by apparel brands. You can create apparel mockups for Bella + Canvas, Anvil, Gildan, and American Apparel. Even though their mockup library isn’t as widescale and only limited to apparel, their mockups are solid and look professional for your business.
- Since Mockup Mark is relatively new to the scene, they offer some free mockups. Even their free mockups are high-quality and provide a very professional look. We recommend checking out Mockup Mark if you want a free mockup tool for apparel products.
- Their subscription plan costs $14.99 per month to get full access, or you can pay a one-time fee of $299.99 to get lifetime access. By subscribing, you get access to their entire library of mockup templates, premium support, and early access to new features.
With all the mockup tool options available, it might be hard to pick the best solution for you. At least you now know some of the best product mockup tools to achieve the best-looking products to draw in your customers.
You can even take advantage of our in-house built product mockup generator. At Gooten, we’ve built our product mockup generator that creates mockups as you create your products. We also allow you to upload other mockups if you don’t want to use ours. This is where our list of third-party product mockup tools comes in handy to help give you some inspiration for your products!