Getting Started With Gooten
Find out if Gooten is right for you by answering a few easy questions.
Thanks for considering Gooten for your automated, on-demand fulfillment.
One thing to keep in mind before you get started is that Gooten isn’t necessarily the right solution for every business. While that may sound strange coming from us, the fact is that Gooten is designed to solve very specific, growth-oriented e-commerce challenges that simply don’t exist yet for many small or early-stage stores.
So before you get started, ask yourself three simple questions.
1. How established is your store?
There’s a big difference between being new to the challenges of a fast-growing store, and being new to e-commerce altogether. If you’ve got a great idea for a new store, or have decided to make the plunge into running your own business, congratulations! However, Gooten’s features, benefits, and policies don’t do much to help new stores get off the ground — instead, they’re built to help established businesses handle the complexity and challenges that come with growth.
2. How busy is your store?
Gooten partners start to feel the benefits of working with our technology and network when they start fulfilling a few hundred orders a month. By the time they’re fulfilling a few thousand orders a month, the efficiency and operational benefits are impossible to ignore.
Until you reach that threshold, you may not notice a big improvement from other print on demand providers, and you may actually prefer working with a company that offers dedicated assistance in getting a new business up and running.
3. What are your main challenges?
For certain e-commerce challenges, Gooten is a lifesaver. For others, it’s not necessarily the answer you’re looking for. Look for your challenges below, and see whether we can make a difference.
Time for Gooten:
- My current suppliers can’t produce enough, and/or are unreliable
- I’m managing too many suppliers in too many places
- I’m a developer looking to build a custom store experience and need a great on-demand API
- I manage a lot of stores and e-commerce integrations
- I sell a lot of products and product types and want to manage and fulfill them in one place
- I move enough products that small pricing improvements and efficiencies matter
Not Time for Gooten:
- I want to learn more about e-commerce, best practices, etc.
- I have a great idea and just need some hand-holding to get it to market
- I have a custom manufacturing method I want you to implement
- I need every order to be perfect, and every unit produced to be exactly the same
- I want to automatically fulfill orders but I’m not very technical and I don’t use Shopify or Etsy
- I want to do a one-time order of a couple dozen t-shirts
In case it's not obvious by now, we’re confident that Gooten is an amazing way to improve a rapidly growing business that utilizes on-demand manufacturing, or wants to start doing so. But we're equally sure that what we can’t do is build a business for you, or work directly with every Gooten partner on the product development process, especially if they’re just getting started.