2020 was full of unpredictability which meant that 2021 was full of planning, preparation, and hard work. And it paid off! You’ve sent countless of email confirmations, shared numerous social posts, responded to many customer tickets, and much more. The 2021 holiday peak is almost behind us! Now it’s time to finally rest and reflect on the new upcoming year.
Clearly defined objectives helped make this year’s sales season a success, so here are 5 resolutions or goals to consider to make your 2022 even better.
5 New Years Resolutions for Print on Demand Businesses
1. Hone Your Customer Experience
If you’re chasing that 5-star rating, then you understand the importance of delivering quality customer service. Here are few ways to improve your customer’s experience next year:
- Be response ready. A quick reply can be a game changer when dealing with a frustrated customer. Having pre-written responses can help with common questions from customers.
- Set policies. Establishing store procedures and policies can help your customers by better servicing them and eliminating confusion or difficult scenarios. They can also help you respond more quickly to customers as well.
- Set clear expectations. We’re always touting this message here at Gooten and it works! Setting clear expectations helps customers understand what to watch out for (such as items that may take longer to produce or if there are potential shipping delays) and reduces the risk of them creating their own assumptions.
2. Try New Products.
If you’re known for selling only apparel or only wall art, 2022 is your year to branch and diversify your product line! Good thing at Gooten we have over 150+ products to choose from:
- Looking for something eco-friendly? Try the Eco-Fleece Crew Neck Sweatshirt from Alternative Apparel. The fabric is made from a recycled material blend, making it the perfect choice for eco-conscious consumers.
- Do you sell pet-inspired wall art? Why not offer actual pet accessories like this Premium Pet Bandana or this ceramic Pet Bowl.
- Who doesn’t love something cozy and unique? Check out our woven blankets! Each piece is uniquely woven with different color threads—making it a high-quality product that your customer will love for years to come.
3. Plan Content Ahead of Time.
If 2021 taught us anything it’s that a great plan will always come in handy, especially when business picks up! Planning your social media content ahead of time ensures that you can consistently share engaging and valuable content that will help your business stay relevant to your audience.
A content calendar is great ways to ensure you don’t miss any important dates and deadlines. That’s why for our most recent Gooten Advent Giveaway, we put together a 2022 calendar marked with the most popular selling dates and holidays of the year! Head over to our holiday page, scroll to the advent calendar, and unlock Week 7’s digital gift. Be sure to tune in next Tuesday, December 21st, for another holiday surprise!
4. Focus on Quality.
One of the biggest factors to slowing down, or even derailing, your business success is selling poor quality products—especially in the print on demand industry where a customer may be buying a thoughtful, personalized gift for a friend or family member. The best way to ensure consistent quality is to partner with a PoD provider who is known for their dedication, expertise, and commitment to quality printing and products.
A common question we hear from partners is, “I love the idea of having redundant production capacity and access to an expansive catalog, but how do you ensure that your different manufacturing partners achieve consistent quality?”
The answer to that question is what we call The Gooten Standard—an above-average level of excellence we hold for ourselves and our manufacturing partners. In an industry where products are made on-demand, issues are inevitable. However, at Gooten, we do our best to minimize issues proactively, especially when it comes to print and product quality. The foundation to proactively managing quality is through The Gooten Standard which consists of (1) Proactive Quality Administration, (2) Incident Management, and (3) Data & Reporting. To learn more about the Gooten Standard and our commitment to quality, check out our eBook here!
5. Remember to Rest!
When you’re running a print on demand business, it can sometimes feel like a 24/7 job. After all, customers can literally buy your products at any time of the day during any point in the year! It can be challenging to grow your brand while also taking care of your health, family, and other life factors. But rest is a fundamental part of your success. It’s important to rejuvenate your body and mind, even just for a few minutes a day, in order to boost creativity, improve productivity, and reduce stress. Here are a few tools to help you remember to take a break:
- Eyeleo: This app will provide you reminders throughout your workday to step away for short breaks, as well as the occasional longer one.
- Workrave: This a good tool for keeping you disciplined and focused while still urging you to take mental health breaks as needed. This highly-customizable tool is just great for busy professionals working at peak seasons.
- Aura: Looking to manage stress? This app furnishes you with a mindfulness journal, soothing nature sounds, breathing exercises, and plenty of other easy ways to keep anxiety at bay.
Scale Your Print On Demand Business in 2022
The end of the year is great time to reflect on all the wins of the past year and prep for the upcoming year. We hope these new years resolutions help get your 2022 started on the right note! We’ve enjoyed being your print on demand partner this year and look forward to another successful season with you.
Interested in partnering with Gooten in 2022? Contact our team today to get started!