To achieve your annual sales goals, you’ll need to capitalize on the most important consumer holidays. For print on demand sellers, few dates are more consequential than Mother’s Day. This is one of the biggest days of the year for buying and giving custom apparel and individualized gifts. As such, it’s abundant with opportunities for those working in the print on demand space.
But of course, you can’t just assume that a multitude of shoppers will show up at your website in the weeks leading up to Mother’s Day. You’ll need to put in some work on the front end, both in terms of advertising your wares and filling your store with the right kinds of products.
Mother’s Day eCommerce Stats
Before we talk strategy, let’s dig into some statistics. Is Mother’s Day really that significant of an eCommerce holiday?
Without question. According to all available data points, Mother’s Day is celebrated by more than 80% of the U.S. population (some statistics put it over 90%). And in 2022, retail spending for Mother’s Day surpassed 31.7 billion dollars. The average Mother’s Day expenditure per person? Close to $250.
There’s no reason to think that Mother’s Day 2023 will be any less widely celebrated, or any less lucrative. The question is, how can your print on demand store capitalize on it?
Gooten Mother’s Day Products to Consider
- Scented candles
- Clutch bags
- Premium water bottles
- Woven blankets
- Yoga mats
- Stemless wine tumblers
- Tote bags
- Outdoor pillows
- Flat cards
- Folded cards
Gooten's Print on Demand Design Ideas
Having the right product lineup is an important first step, but great products will only get you so far. For a successful Mother’s Day season, you’ll also want to ensure winsome designs. Here are a few ideas to help get your creative juices flowing.
- Consider vibrant floral designs or images filled with greenery, for all the nature-loving “plant moms” out there.
- Also remember to include items for the yoga goddesses and gym warriors, including funky, sporty, and minimalist designs that would look good on a mat or a gym tote.
- Humor often goes a long way, and you might want to consider self-deprecating images or captions for helicopter moms, wine moms, and whatever other types of moms you can think of.
- Motivational quotes can be good options for boss moms, or simply for the go-getting women who shop at your store.
Prepare Now for Mother’s Day 2023
Once you decide on the right print on demand products and designs, you’ll still have a few more steps to follow in order to prepare for a successful sales season.
- Create a Mother’s Day landing page where all these seasonal products can be captured in one place.
- Design Mother’s Day graphics for use and place them throughout your website/eCommerce store.
- Plan some promotions to help shoppers save their spending budget, including bundles, which encourage shoppers to fill their carts.
- Make sure you alert buyers about shipping times, letting them know the last day to complete their order to ensure delivery by Mother’s Day.
- Start building buzz for your Mother’s Day promotions today, using social media and your email list.
- Verify that you are working with the best print on demand partner, ensuring high-quality products and prompt turnarounds.
Mother’s Day 2023 may be one of the most important days of the year for your print on demand store. Are you ready to make the most of it? Don’t hesitate to contact the Gooten team at any time with any questions you may have.