During our webinar this week, Gooten’s Chief Supply Chain Officer, Andy Nied, shared how we have established a system that ensures high quality and consistency across our global, distributed supply chain so that your customers receive the products they love and rely on.
Want to learn why our partners rave about our high-quality products? Watch the full video below!
1. Mass personalization will outpace eCommerce by 2x.
Our goal is to provide a best-in-class experience for our partners and their customers by:
- Selecting and partnering with the best mills and manufacturers to ensure the materials going into our products are of the highest quality and will produce the best output.
- Constantly meeting with and working with equipment manufacturers to understand the latest capabilities and trends.
- Being highly selective and flexible, and choosing to work with only the top print-on-demand manufacturers in the US and overseas.
- Using our own POD manufacturing experts who work hand in hand with our vendor network to ensure their processes and workflow are up to our standards.
2. Proactively managing quality
In an industry where products are made on-demand, issues are inevitable. However, at Gooten, we do our best to minimize issues proactively, especially when it comes to print and product quality. We do this by doing the following:
- All urgent issues require a stop-gap fix or workaround.
- Root cause analysis performed on critical errors.
- Gooten works with manufacturing partners to create process improvement projects to continuously drive high-quality results
- Based on performance trends and feedback, work can be routed away from specific vendors as they work through issues
3. Delivering Quality: Made for Peace of Mind
Quality doesn’t end with the production of a product. We track quality all the way through to the actual delivery of the product to your end customer. A few of the ways we ensure quality delivery is by:
- Localized Production: Strive to route work to be produced as close to end recipient as possible to reduce handling – speed and quality
- Hand Selected: For products that are fragile – mugs, framed artwork, porcelain ornaments, etc – we work with manufacturers to develop better packaging solutions.
- Customized Packing: We will engage packaging engineering consultants to help design packaging as needed.
4. Tips to Ensure the Best Quality
While we do everything in our power to ensure high-quality products and printing, there are a few things our partners can do to also help establish a quality product—that’s by designing for the outcome!
Tip 1: Certain designs will not always translate well to every product
- Fluorescents/neons in POD typically do not print well
- Ensure proper image resolution
- Large straight lines/frames on apparel can show the slightest skew
- Big patches of solid black on apparel can contrast with a black garment
Tip 2: Be mindful of image orientation
Tip 3: Use high-resolution images
Tip 4: Send our Partner Support team feedback with images!
Watch “Your Leading Print on Demand Partner” Webinar on our YouTube page for more design tips from Gooten’s Chief Experience Officer, Krista McDonald!