If you’re one of our many partners using the Gooten Shopify App, you know that setting up shipping rules in your store has generally been a tedious and time-consuming process.
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re now integrated with Advanced Shipping Rules, which allows you to set up the shipping for your store in a matter of minutes!
Advanced Shipping Rules is an app that gives you a seemingly endless list of shipping options you can choose. The best part is they enable you to fetch rates directly from Gooten and the amount of work you need to do to make it happen is incredibly miniscule.
- Go to the Shopify App store and install both Gooten and Advanced Shipping Rules.
- Create products in the Gooten Hub and publish them to your store (you can see how to do that in this article).
- Once you’ve created the products, Gooten will automatically create a fulfillment service “Gooten” and automatically assign all Gooten products to it.
- In the Advanced Shipping Rules app, go to Sync tab, and click Sync Fulfillment Services.
- On the main page of the app, you’ll now see a section for Gooten, where you can manage the rates from Gooten. Gooten’s rates will automatically be there.
If you don’t want to use all of the rates Gooten is offering (and we usually offer Standard and Expedited, while Overnight is also an option for a limited number of products), you have an option of disabling the ones you don’t need by following these steps:
- In the Advanced Shipping Rates app, next to the Gooten group, click Edit Rates.
- Edit the rate you want to disable.
- In the top right there is a red link Disable Method, click it.
- Click Save. The method will still appear in the methods list (in your store’s backend), but you’ll now see an orange Disabled badge next to it and the customers won’t see it as an option.
Additionally, you can change the rate title, add a percentage or flat rate mark-up (use a negative value to mark-down) and add a free shipping override if you’d like.
Once you’ve made all of the changes you want, you’re ready to start selling.