Join the discussion with Alison Aldrich, VP of Partnerships at Privy as she reveals what email marketing can look like for eCommerce businesses during the holidays.
Watch the full video below!
1. Why email? It’s the single most powerful channel to build long-term, sustainable growth.
- 98% of your site traffic isn’t ready to buy while on your site. Email helps get them there!
- You own the data, not Facebook or Amazon.
- Set up campaigns that will automatically go out and drive sales
- Use granular segmentation to focus on different types of customers
2. Use a series of 3-4 emails to welcome a new subscriber. Here’s what to include:
- Tell your story, showcase your best selling products, start to build a relationship right away
- If you can include a discount – match it with an offer you provided on the site
- Include CTAs to shop now
- Showcase social proof with reviews and/or press mentions
3. 70% of all ecommerce carts are abandoned, typically due to shipping costs. Here’s how to prevent it with an email series:
- Keep the short and simply focus on the products that they were interested in and use clear CTAs to finish their purchase
- Timing: 4 hours after abandoning, then 24 hours, then 48 hours
- Use urgency copy when you can to encourage action quickly
- If you didn’t offer a coupon, wait until your second email