One reason for Gooten’s popularity as a print on demand partner is the broad selection of products we offer, specifically when it comes to apparel.
For one thing, we’re a one-stop shop for world-class, custom T-shirt options, providing our partners with access to top-tier brands, including Gildan and Hanes.
Discover the best ways to maximize your merch strategy!
The question is, which of these T-shirt brands is the best fit for your print on demand store?
In this post, we’ll help you navigate some of the comparison points between these two custom apparel options.
What to Look for in Print on Demand T-Shirts
First things first: As you try to identify the right T-shirts for your business, there are a few factors to keep in mind.
How To Pick The Right T-Shirt For Your Print on Demand Business
What quality of cotton is used?
Is it pure cotton, or are there polyester elements?
How much shrinking can the consumer expect, and what kind of longevity?
Will the T-shirt brand you select accommodate the broadest possible selection of body types?
Different T-shirt brands will offer varying color selections.
Are you looking for a broad array of colors, or are there some specific colors you need for your store?
Naturally, the price can have a significant impact on your profit margins as well as the consumer price point.
With those factors in mind, let’s take a closer look at some of the primary selling points of Hanes and Gildan.
First up is Hanes, an American brand that’s been around since 1900.
The company makes a range of apparel options for men, women, and children, but their T-shirt selection is at the top of the list.
For years, Hanes has been one of the go-to options for custom T-shirt manufacturers.
Gooten's Hanes T-Shirt Collection
Hanes Selling Points
Several factors make Hanes so easy to recommend. These include:
- Hanes offers top-quality fabrics, including 100% cotton shirts that are hypoallergenic, soft to the touch, and breathable.
- Hanes shirts are all true to size and feel comfortable and roomy. Customers also like Hanes shirts because they’re tag-free.
- Hanes boasts a wide selection of colors.
- Though not the cheapest T-shirts in the world, Hanes products are affordable.
So how does Gildan stack up?
This is a Canadian brand, though they have considerable market penetration in the U.S. and several other countries.
Gildan has been around since 1984, and since then, they have emerged as one of the leading names in custom T-shirts.
Gooten's Gildan T-Shirt Collection
Gildan Selling Points
A few distinctions set Gildan apart:
- They also offer high-quality materials, including 100% cotton shirts and good cotton/polyester blends.
- Their shirts are beloved for being very lightweight, making them ideal for hot summer days.
- These shirts all come pre-shrunk, meaning there is less chance of significant shrinking in the dryer.
- Gildan T-shirts are among the most affordable options you’ll find anywhere.
A couple of minor drawbacks to note:
- Unlike Hanes, Gildan shirts do have tags, which some customers dislike.
- Gildan manufactures their shirts to be relatively thin, which some people like, but others may find to be a bit too flimsy.
Choosing the Right T-Shirts for Your Print on Demand Brand
It’s important to emphasize that Gooten offers only the proven popular and durable brands.
Really, you can’t go wrong with either Gildan or Hanes.
That said, Gildan may be the best bet for sellers looking for the most affordable option or something exceptionally lightweight.
By contrast, Hanes offers excellent name recognition, high-quality construction, and the absence of a tag.
Any choice you make will be the right one for your print on demand business.
It’s simply a matter of what you’re looking for from a custom T-shirt line.
Explore Custom Apparel Options from Gooten
At Gooten, we’re thrilled to be a go-to name for print on demand merch.
We’d love to tell you more about our extensive line of top-tier T-shirts or answer any questions you may have about print on demand order fulfillment.
We’ll happily answer any queries you have about Hanes and Gildan apparel, too!
To learn more about partnering with Gooten, contact our team directly.